Friday, August 2, 2013

Top Five Friday

Happy Friday!  Returning back to school is definitely "in the air."  I am not returning to full- time work as a teacher this year, but I vividly remember both the excitement and the anxiety that the beginning of the school year brings.  

I'd like to encourage both parents and teachers to take time to think about what brings you joy.  Keep doing those things so that you continue to be a positive influence on the child or children in your care.  

Just yesterday I was feeling down for no specific reason.  Pablo and I decided to attend a service at our church and we both left feeling refreshed and renewed.  It was just what we needed to elevate our spirits and keep our minds focused on what truly matters.  In professions where one is giving, giving, giving, it is vitally important to stay connected to your faith, family and friends.  A person of support may be the teacher across the hall or the neighbor that lives down the street.  Connect with people who are supportive and continue to do the things that bring you delight, even if it is as simple as a cup of coffee or a bubble bath.

This week my husband watched Emma in the evenings so that I could rehearse and perform with the Lakewood Dance Company at a special event.  I was going to pass on the opportunity to dance because of my responsibilities at home, etc... However, dancing does bring me happiness and that will make my list this Friday of.. 

Five Things that Make Me Smile 



DANCING
A STRONG CUP OF COFFEE


A WALK AT MEMORIAL PARK


A PHONE CONVERSATION WITH MY TWIN SISTER


LOTS OF HUGS & FAMILY TIME

As the beginning of the school year approaches, reflect on what brings you joy and make a commitment to yourself not to let them disappear.   




No comments:

Post a Comment